Zipline: Canopy adventure in Valle de los Ingenios, Trinidad. Active Cuba with kids
Trinidad has not only an amazing old town and great beaches nearby. If you like spending active vacation with you family and kids, you should try ziplining – canopy adventure. We (adults and two kids age 4,5) did a canopy ride with an experienced trainer.
How to get there
The best to “catch a ride” from Trinidad. You can of course get there by car, but we took a horse with a carriage, which we highly recommend, as you can see much more along the way. Plus kids loved it. More about transportation you can read in: How to travel in Cuba
More information about canopy adventure:
- Total length: 1.2 km (5 stages) & height: 50 m
- Price: kids – 5 CUC, adults: 10 CUC (check as it may change)
- Opening hours: from 9 am to 5 pm (ask your casa owner to check it for you)
- You get an experienced trainer to assist you
- You don’t need to book any expensive zipline tours with any agency. Simply get here and pay for the ziplining.
After ziplining don’t miss squeezing sugar cane. You can try the juice and maybe even squeezing on your own. Although the nice man showing people how to do it, doesn’t ask for any tips, be a human, squeezing sugar cane in such a heat is not sth one does for fun. Just tip.
Where to stay in Trinidad, Cuba
This time, the same as the last time we were in Cuba, we decided to stay in Casa Coky. This is one of the most beautiful casas we’ve stayed in. Owners are amazing people, food is delicious, and it has great location.Feel free to share: